From small ways to BIG ways!
There are many ways you can get involved. You can help out in a big way, or small way.
Each little bit helps, like droplets of water joining together to make an ocean.
You can help in: donating, small ways, medium ways and big ways!
See below for more information.
- A small way to get involved is to share this website and Ben’s story with one other person. This helps to get the message out into our community, and is a very important aspect of the project.
- Join the Walking Feat Cause on Facebook.
- Send everyone you know the link to walkingfeat.com
- Leave a comment on our blog
- Sponsor the Walk (1 cent a km = $24 for example)
- Have a Mufti day at work: Donating Gold coins to SANE Australia
- Casual clothes days at school: Gold coin donations to SANE Australia
- Host a morning tea or BBQ (at work or at home) ask people to donate a gold coin to SANE Australia
- Join the 10,000 steps Japan Challenge!
- Invite Sarah to come and give a talk (contact us)
The more people involved in this project, the greater the impact for all Australians. There are many ways you can volunteer, and many different skills that are needed. Walking Feat have loads of things for volunteers, although you may have your own fabulous ideas, if so, please contact us.
10,000 Steps Team Challenge!
For workplaces, community groups, schools, friends & family
Walk with Sarah in the comfort of your own home town… it’s fun & it’s free!
Steps to Walk with Sarah:
- Gather your mates, colleagues and/or family into a team.
- Invent a team name
- Each team member needs to register individually (for FREE) on www.10000steps.org.au
- Once you’ve all been registered contact us have your team added officially to the challenge
- Each team member then wears a pedometer while Sarah is walking in Japan
- Team members then report individually on the site how many steps they take each week, adding to their team total.
See www.10000steps.org.au for more details
- Run an event to raise funds for SANE Australia, or the cost of the walk, some ideas below;
- Charity Dinner
- Trivia Night
- Guest Speaker
- Sausage Sizzle
- Put the Walking Feat Logo on your product... get in touch!